Broken Latch Mechanism

A home owner from Pulaski Virginia says:

I have a sliding glass door with a broken latch catching mechanism, i.e., the small piece that the glass door latching mechanism hooks into. The two pieces that are installed in the glass door itself have the labels: DNS INDUSTRIES 12 INSIDE PULL MIAMI, FLA - STANDARD and DNS INDUSTRIES, 13/23 OUTSIDE PULL MIAMI, FLA - STANDARD. These are "silver" and somewhat corroded.

I would like to replace the small catching mechanism and the two pieces labeled above. If you can provide them, please let me know and I will order them.

Many thanks, Roy 

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but, unfortunately, I can't be sure of what you need based on your description alone. We would need to see detailed photos of the sliding glass door parts that you need, along with written-out dimensions, to compare to our inventory. Thank you! 

A home owner from Pulaski Virginia says:
The dimensions of the metal hole on the sliding glass door are 3/4 in by 7 1/8 inch. I do not have the part at the moment - it may have been accidently discarded. The part looks like the one pictured at:

https://www.swisco.com/discussions/DNS-INDUSTRIES-12-INSIDE-PULL-1400-SERIES-SILVER-REPLACEMENT--77-79757?gad=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsp6pBhCfARIsAD3GZuZ0JuHkxQrHmY7GRopxodWsIqlV3TptgpUvYwz0xJtG-0Uio7DPWcwaAgKJEALw_wcB

If you have one of these, please let me know how I can order it.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P_20231213_171811_HDR.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, we can't determine if any of our parts could work without seeing the original handle set but we carry a few options that install in a door cutout like yours that use a latch hook to lock the door. Review the specifications of the handle sets related on this page to your door and see what you think. If you decide to give any of them a try and it doesn't work out, our return policy can be found here

How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.