Channel Balancer

A home owner from USA says:
Thank you for your help today. Attached at the pictures I took. Please let me know if you can determine the parts I need.

Thank you so much for your help.

The handyman that is going to install them will be here Monday. I think he will know exactly what we will need when he sees them.

I know the measurement of the bar is 24".
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bal1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bal2.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bal3.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bal4.JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can't be sure without seeing the attachment that anchors to the pivot shoe but the Series 765 comes to mind. Our balance has a pivot shoe hook as shown below so you'll want to ensure your old hardware does as well. Take a look at the specifications and see what you think.

If you're looking for the pivot shoe, we will need to know the written-out thickness and width. 

Close up view of the series 765 balance bottom.
Close up view of the series 765 balance bottom.

Good afternoon. The 765 bar looks the same as the one I have here at my house. The pivot shoe is the same as displayed on your website 046

Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot shoe 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot shoe 2.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

The 15-173 pivot shoe also looks similar to your old one. If you haven't already, review the specifications for both the 15-046 and 15-173 to see which one matches up with your pivot shoe.

Alternate image for 15-046
Alternate image for 15-046

Dimensions for 15-173
Dimensions for 15-173

Good morning. I remeasured the pivot shoe and I attached the pictures. I need 8 bars so I am thinking I would need 4 pivot shoe. Maybe it is best if I order 15-173 and 15-046 to make sure I correct ones.

Attached are the pictures.

Thank you so much.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot shoe
Profile picture of Emily

It looks like your pivot shoe is less than 1" wide which means the 15-173 might be a better match but you certainly could purchase both and then return the ones that don't work. Our return policy can be found here.

Emily, thank you so much. We would like to order 8 765 bars 8 15-173 and 8 15-046.

Please advise how to order.

Thank you so much for all you help.

Janet 

Profile picture of Emily

I'm happy to help! Our department doesn't process orders but you can place an order right on our website or by calling our customer service team at (888) 991-1929. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.