Larson

A home owner from Milford Michigan says:
Bottom seal is a dual lip. After 1-2 years it will not stay in the slot. I've had to cut reliefs on each side to ease over the aluminum threshold. I think? the original seal may have been a single lip? I do have a plastic coated dog cable that we run under the seal. Even without running the cable, the seal walks off the track. Is it just worn or is the Threshold height the bigger problem?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1313.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1310.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1309.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1307.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1306.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We do carry two sweeps for Larson storm doors, the 40-207 single sweep and the 40-208 double sweep shown in your photos. Based on your photo showing the bottom of the door, it looks like it could be too low and is rubbing against the threshold. It is a fine balance to create a seal between the sweep and threshold without them overlapping. Also, you could "pinch" the ends of the aluminum door sweep to keep the vinyl from creeping out at the ends. Take a look at both of our sweep options and see what you think. Thank you. 

Profile view of 40-207
Profile view of 40-207

Profile view of 40-208
Profile view of 40-208

A home owner from Milford Michigan says:
What's the technical difference between single lip a double? Longer wear with double lip? Life cycle?

I could loosen the screws on the aluminum channel at the bottom to its maximum, raise it, install a new seal and test to see how that goes.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

There aren't many technical differences besides the 40-208 creating more of a barrier to keep out drafts and moisture. With that being said, the manufacturer chooses weatherstripping based on the specifications of the door. If you think that the original seal may have had a single sweep and was replaced by the double, we can't be sure of which option would work best for your application. If you decide to give the 40-207 a try and run into any problems, our return policy can be found here

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.