Latch spring replacement

A quick learner from Michigan says:
The latch assembly also includes a spring that pushes the latch down. Ours is missing. How do you replace this spring and do you have them in stock?
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for reaching out to us. We don't sell the spring you're looking for separately, unfortunately. However, we might be able to help replace the whole handle though I know that may not be ideal. If you can upload a photo of your old handle set, we'd be happy to take a look. 

Here you go.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2207.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2206.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2205.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for getting back to me! This reminds me of the 83-123 and 83-122 screen door handles. We also sell the 83-119 and 83-118 screen protectors as well as the 83-115 latch. Look these parts over and see what you think. 

What about the full latch assembly you mention (and I've found on competitor sites)? None of the items you mention include the spring I'm after.

I'll also need directions for how to replace the assembly. I don't see a video for that, just the plastic latch itself.
Profile picture of Emily

There's a spring involved with the 83-122 and 83-123 but it is a separate part. Specifically, there's a little metal box built inside the door that contains the spring mechanism.

The bad news is that this box cannot be replaced to my knowledge. It's built solidly into the door. If it can be replaced, you will need to contact Pella directly to see if it's something that they can supply to you directly. Otherwise, your only option may be to buy a new door (or find an old door you can take it from).

We don't have instructions or a video for the 83-122 and 83-123 but take a look at this discussion here where another customer explains the process. 

A handy person from Toronto says:
Did u manage to get the spring? How did you go about installing it?
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.