No screws for screen door latch

A quick learner from South Haven Mich says:
Screen door latch does not have screws to attach to slider. (I removed wood veneer cover and need a replacement for it too). How to remove this latch set see photos.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 85730ECF-10B2-4B5B-BB44-9556E7A20969.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 71FC90CA-7F44-4338-9EF7-CADEBD26E792.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

It looks like you have our 83-122 or 83-123. There should be an installation screw behind that round Pella logo circle which should just pull out. Let me know if this helps. 

A quick learner from Eagle River Wisconsin says:
I cannot seem to pop off the Pella label to expose the screw to replace handle. Any ideas how to get it off without destroying it?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid there aren't really any other tricks to it. I've always just wedged a small screwdriver behind it. I guess depending on age it could really be in there, but that's pretty much the only way. I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer. These really are only made to come off one way.

A handy person from California says:

Folks,

I replaced the Pella Latch on my screen door today. I decided to forward some photos for reference by other Pella owners to review.

I used a very thin-bladed screwdriver (and a small hammer) to wedge the round Pella Logo cover plate from the interior side of the door. This did not take a lot of force, as the cover plate is thin, and you can wedge the screwdriver between the edge of the cover plate and the surrounding material. In the images "IMG_B" and "IMG_C.jpg", you can see the small cylindrical peg at the opposite end of the door handle that aligns with a hole in the door frame, something I was not familiar with until I removed the handle. Once you remove the screw from the door handle (see IMG_A.jpg), simply back the plastic handle away from the door frame, slightly twisting the handle from left-to-right and back again as you back the plastic handle towards you (away from the door frame).

The replacement parts fit and function perfectly. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mark

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_A
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_B
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_C
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_D
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.