Looking for replacement balance caps for older windows

A handy person from Baltimore MD says:
No indication of brand of window, nothing on the part itself. It is a small plastic part the holds the balance in place.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Guide back
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Guide side profile
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Guide front
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Guide top
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your top sash guide resembles the 18-032 at first glance. The dimensions would be the determining factor. Take a look and compare the measurements below to confirm if it's a match. Thanks for posting! 

Front view of 18-032
Front view of 18-032

Side view of 18-032
Side view of 18-032

wow - yes I think it's the one!! I will give it a try. Thanks!!
Profile picture of Casey

Great! Just let us know if you need anything else. 

some of the windows are missing their balances as well. They are GONE. Can we figure out the balances?
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, we can't be sure of the balances your windows need without seeing the originals. If you have an identical window in the house that still has the original balances, please send over some photos of the assembly uninstalled. You'll also need to measure the height of the visible glass and weigh the sash of your windows with missing balances to determine the specifications needed for the balances once we determine the series that you need.

okay thanks - I will get on it!!
I think I found one. The metal part of it measures 24 inches and I think the stamp is 2310. Does that make any sense to you?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel balance
Profile picture of Casey

It looks like you have either our S351, with a 15-002 bottom attachment, or S390, with a 15-001 bottom attachment. Take a look at the image below to determine which balance you'll need. 

If this window is the same brand and size as the windows with missing balances, you'll need 2310 spring strength options for your replacement balances. If you decide to give them a try and run into any issues, our return policy can be found here. Thank you!

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.