Need to replace missing thumb latch for sliding patio door (white)

A quick learner from Centennial, CO says:

I have purchased this part from you previously along with the strike plate for a different home. Unknown if you have a record for me.

Thank you,

John 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230821_134034.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230821_134039.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, John.

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm afraid we don't have a record for that. The 82-080 resembles what you have here though. This handle set uses the 82-240 latch (sold separately) but I can't guarantee it will work with your older style. These handles tend to change pretty drastically over the years.

A quick learner from Centennial, CO says:

Emily,

I am attaching measurements and photos to help you try to identify the patio door handle set and broken piece. The overall measurement is 7 inches and the center to center spread for the screws securing the cover to the mount is 5 inches. 

Photos show the overall view, with cover off which shows part of broken piece still in the main mount, the distance between the screws and part of the broken piece. The brokken piece is actually broken in 2 locati ons; 1- the shaft 2- the lever part that you would physically move to latch the door. I don't know what happened to the portion of the lever that you actually manually operate?

Can you remove the broken piece of the lever shaft by knocking it out from either the front or back side?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230823_141502 (2).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230823_141518.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230823_141658.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230823_141753.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230823_142056.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

I personally think it's safer to just go with the 82-080 handle set. I'm very confident it will work for you. The thing is that the 82-240 is specifically only meant to work with the 82-080 so we don't know if it will work in your old handle. You're welcome to try it but it's a gamble. Our return policy can be found here

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.