Older Roto Multi-Point Mortise Latch Lever

A quick learner from San Diego says:
The lower lever is the one I need. I received the upper lever. Note the difference in the location of the handle in relation to the pivot piece. There is less distance from where the latch pivots on the frame in the lower latch. The upper (newer) latch prevents me from fully securing the handle to the door. Do you still have the lower latch? Note there is no indentation on the thumb piece on the latch I need (lower latch.)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230617_160142.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I am afraid we only carry the 82-240 version of this thumb lever. I am not sure if the older designs are available anywhere presently. Assuming your old handle set is a similar design, one solution would be to replace outright with our 82-080 or keyed 82-081. I know this a hardly nominal solution, but unfortunately procuring the old thumb lever may be difficult. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

A quick learner from San Diego says:
Thanks for the info. Any chance I can grind down the pivot area to make it closer to the door frame?I probably only need 1/8 or 1/16 of an inch.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

That's up to you. I've never tried that before myself, but if you're handy then it may very well work. Just note that any product altered in this way cannot be returned for a refund. You can see our return policy here.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.