screen corner

A quick learner says:
Looking for a screen cut corner that matches the Screen Corner Latch with Pull, 7/8" x 5/16"product code 95-218.

Tried product code 95-031 but that did not work.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We did carry a screen corner with the dimensions you provided at one time but, unfortunately, it has been discontinued. The only corner with or without a pull ring with the same dimensions would be the 95-218. Our return policy can be found here if you would like to send back the 95-031 corners that you purchased. Thanks for posting. 

A quick learner from South Carolina says:
As a second thought. How about part Number 95-187 which is 5/16 x 1 inch. by using this part number, I could cut the current 3 pieces of aluminum frame to match the required dimensions for a square frame both vertically and horizonal, thereby reducing the aluminum frame so that it will have the correct dimensions without having any gaps in the corner frame and retain original dimensions.

Show original message.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

These corners are not exactly the same in the "pad" size or the "leg". However, I do know of someone who was able to cut down the screen frame a bit and use the larger 95-187. It's not an exact fit but they did report that they worked. 

If you do decide to try to use the 95-187 as a substitute, I would suggest that you test the corner in the screen frame to make sure that the "leg" fits before you start cutting just in case it doesn't fit. I follow the rule to always measure twice and cut once!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.