Pgt non tilt spiral balancer 9/16 dia

A quick learner from FL says:

Ihave 31 inch long by 9/16 diameter with a clip on the end that snap/ pressure fits onto the bottom edge of the sash. Window is hurricane glass weighing 30-32 lbs.

Note in the photo the clip on the end rusted off and the balancer spiral dropped to window sill. John

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220129_110806.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220129_110746.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

See our S500-31 to start. This is 5/8" in diameter and used with non-tilt windows. For a color tip choose either the Blue tip option, which will support a sash in the weight range of 12 through 31 pounds; or choose the Black option, for 31 through 40 pounds. Get a more precise measurement of the sash weight to confirm which option you ought to choose. 

A quick learner from FL says:
Sending new photos showing the attachment clip on the spiral balance. Sash at is 30-31 pounds, 9/16 inch dia balancer and 31 inches long.
Thank you, John
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220208_115736.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220208_115450.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there! Bob's not here this week, but I will do my best to help you.

Right off the bat, I can tell you that we do not have a direct replacement for this balance. That hook you show at the end is an older part that we sold for a long time, but it was totally discontinued around this time last year.

The bad news is that we don't have a confirmed replacement. The only thing we sell that may work is the same S500-31 that Bob recommended, but with the addition of the 17-012 bottom bracket (sold separately). This solution has had mixed results, in terms of success; some customers tell me it worked fine, others said that the bracket was too big. The only way to know for sure is to try it, unfortunately.

I am very sorry that we can't give you a more confident recommendation. If you wanted peace of mind, you can see our return policy here.

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.