Replacement Part for a Nami Sliding Glass Door.

A quick learner says:
Hello your website recommends 2 different items for the model listed below. I have attached pictures to ask which should I purchase 82-036 or 82-078 .

SGD Model number nami aama/nwwda 101/1.2.2-97

astm f 842

nfbc 100/200 series51168
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named main.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named main3.jfif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named main2.jpg
A quick learner says:
The measurement between installation holes are 6 5/8.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. The 82-036 is a surface mounted handle set, whereas your handle set works with a lock in the door. This is the 82-078. Unfortunately we no longer carry the mortise lock in the door that this handle set works with. I apologize for any inconvenience. 

A quick learner from Wilmington NC says:

I understand about the lock but will either handle set work as a replacement to the whole handle and lock system.

Sherry 

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The 82-078 won't do you much good, since it needs a working mortise lock to be able to lock the door. You might be able to get away using the 82-036 as a substitute for the whole set up though. This handle set is surface mounted, meaning the lock is built into the inside pull. We know the handle set has the right hole spacing for your door--but you'll need to see if you have room on the door frame to install the new keeper that comes with this handle set--it's going to be in a slightly different position than the old keeper, since the surface mounted lock is in a different position from the old mortise lock. Also, you'll have a hole in the door where the old mortise lock was; but if you're willing to work with that, the 82-036 might be a decent workaround. You could always try it, and if by chance it doesn't work out, return it via our Return Policy here.

Alternate image for 82-036
Alternate image for 82-036

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.