Replacement Rollers for patio door

A professional from Clinton Township, MI says:
Roller diameter: 1 1/4"
Height: 1 1/4"
Length: 1 1/2"
Thickness: 13/16"
Adjusting screw is on bottom of bracket; screw to secure assembly into door frame is on the top; assembly has dimples on it.
Door frame is all aluminum. I believe it is original door; house was built in the 80's. Could not see any mfg. names or numbers on door or roller assembly.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20231011_092244595.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20231011_092256067.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20231011_093256867.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

At first glance, the style of your roller reminds me of the 81-006 or 81-228. With that being said, ours only measures 3/4" wide compared to yours at 13/16". The height is also different. I would recommend starting by confirming that you are measuring your part the same way indicated in the image below and we can go from there. Thank you.

Alternate image for 81-006
Alternate image for 81-006

I remeasured the roller assembly for the patio door. The only change is the thickness; it is 3/4" and then there are tabs on each side in line with the adjust screw.

It is very similar to your 81-006 except the roller is 1 1/4", not 1 1/2"; the height is 1 1/4" not 1 5/8"
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I have used the 81-006 to replace rollers like yours with slightly shorter housings in the past. To accomplish this. I cut a bit off of the flange at the bottom of the housing to give me the height needed for the installation. However, I'm not sure if that 1-1/2" diameter wheel will fit your bottom door rail. I would recommend checking your door to see if you have space to accommodate a larger wheel.

Thanks for your response Dave. Does Swisco have a roller assembly like the 81-006 but with an 1 1/4" roller?

If I buy the 81-006 assembly and it doesn't work, can I return them as long as I haven't made modifications?

Ray
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, the 81-006 is not offered with a 1-1/4" diameter wheel but we do offer the 81-266 roller and axle kit that you could use to swap out the original wheel if the size becomes an issue. Our full return policy can be found here but, as you mentioned, parts can not be returned once modifications are made. 

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.