2/1/2024 - Update on Required balancers:

- Qty (6) of 3020DS
- Qty (4) of 3518
- Qty (4 of 2918
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Balancers2.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you could have either the Series 380 or Series 385 channel balance. The best match will ultimately depend on the depth of the bottom shoe as shown below. 

However, the stamps are unusual and don't match the stamp options we have. Can you weigh the window sashes and tell us the weight for each? We'd also like to know which stamps go with which sash weights. 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

A quick learner from Michigan says:
Thanks Emily. If it helps .... these are for windows in our Florida condo. I will send you the weight & shoe info later this weekend.

-What is "unusual" and does not match up with the stamp options you offer?

-There is sticker on the window frame...

E.S Windows LLC
Miami,FL
Note: Miami-Dade County Product
Control Approved # 03-0910.03

Rod
Just re-read your request to weigh the windows.... We are now back in Michigan and do not have the ability to weigh now until our next trip.
I can tell you that especially the 2918 balancer windows are very hard to close...... not sure if it because of the original balancers age (approx 16 yrs old). Most take a lot of effort to open/close. Hope this additional info helps you to make a recommendation.
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for getting back to me, Rod. I'm sorry to say that we won't be able to move forward without the bottom shoe measurement or the sash weights. Those are very important details and there's no way for us to know them, unfortunately. Furthermore, the sticker doesn't tell us the hardware your window uses.

If you go to the S380-36 product page, you will see the stamp options we offer. 3518 isn't a stamp we have or are familiar with, unfortunately, which is why the sash weights are crucial. 

Understand Emily. I have included the attached pic on the bottom Shoe depth.... Looks to be 1 3/32ths for all the below Balancers

- Qty (6) of 3020DS
- Qty (4) of 3518
- Qty (4 of 2918
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Balancers3.jpg

Emily,

Can way I can call you in the office to discuss?

What would be the problem if we used a balancer that had a slightly higher rating for the sash weight? For example if we used a 2920 vs a 2918 balancer?

Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for confirming the shoe depth. In that case, you'll want the Series 385 with the 1-3/32" deep shoe.

I'm afraid our department doesn't use phones so I can't call you. I can only respond right here on this page. As for your question, I can't confirm if the 2920 would work for you or not. 2918 isn't a stamp we're familiar with so we don't know the weight range it's calibrated for. Furthermore, choosing the incorrect stamp would make the window difficult to open and close.

Thanks. In my example, say the sash weighs 36lbs. Would your 2920 balancers allow the sash (window) to open easier than the 2918 balancers because the have a higher sash weight capacity?

Are these balancers customer made (with different shoes and top guides) or are these all standard items that I am able to return should they not work properly with the Sash?

Rod
Profile picture of Emily

No, unfortunately. The 2920 option would be too weak to support a 36-pound sash so the window may even rise on its own as a result. If your sash were to weigh 36 pounds, you would want to go with the 2965 option, for example. A pair of balances with this stamp will support a sash weighing 35 to 39 pounds. 

The Series 385 is a stock item, not custom-made, so you could indeed return it. Our return policy can be viewed here

Really Appreciate your help on this.
As soon as I can weigh the Sashes, I will get this info to you. It may be a month or longer though. Please keep this Case # active so that we do not need to start over, and we have log on our conversations.
Appreciate Cha!!

Rod
Profile picture of Emily

No problem, I'm more than happy to help! This discussion thread will remain open; no rush! I'll be here whenever you can get those details for us. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.