Sash Lock All I see Marked is 1014

A quick learner from Carlsbad, CA says:
Hi All:

Looking to replace these sash locks. They have take a beating from the elements. Thank you so much in advance for the help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2890.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2891.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2892.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2893.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2894.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm confident we can help, but I need a little more information. Can you tell me the distance between the center of each mounting hole? That will help a ton in narrowing down your options. Many thanks. 

Thank you so much for the help. The center holes of the mounting screws are about 2 3/32 apart. We bought some sash locks on Amazon where the center holes were 2.08 inches apart and it fit but the hook did not reach the keeper. I think my keeper is an odd type. Hope that helps and appreciate your help greatly.
Profile picture of Bob

We unfortunately don't sell any lock with a 2-3/32" hole spacing. The closest option we can offer is 2-1/16"; specifically our 90-278. This may very well be our best option for you.

Dimensions for 90-278
Dimensions for 90-278

Thank you so much. I bought 5 of these crossing my fingers they work. If for some reason they don't can I contact you again on this forum? Appreciate your help.
Profile picture of Bob

Of course! You can post right here to this page and it will be added back to my queue. You can also review our return policy here.

This is a great service, so appreciative for your help. I'll be in touch.
Profile picture of Bob

We appreciate you saying so! Thanks again for the order and please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions.

Thank you so much for your help. The sash locks work great. The keepers did not work unfortunately. They are the exact same shape as my current keepers but I think the screw holes are in the wrong spot. Are there any other options for the keppers? Look forward to hearing from you and please let me know if I can provide any photos or additional information. All the best.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Bob isn't here today, but I will do my best to help you.

Based on what you're describing, it sounds like you're saying your old keeper had face-mount screws rather than screws that mount from the top-down. Your original batch of photos verified that for me.

With that in mind, our 90-282 might be a better option for you. This is a fairly common face-mount keeper and should be fully compatible with the 90-278 that Bob recommended. I recommend just checking to ensure that the thickness is the same; our keeper is 5/16" thick.

The hole spacing is another concern, but the 90-282 has oblong holes so there's a lot more wiggle room. I don't anticipate that being an issue but it can't hurt to check just to be sure.

Dimensions for 90-282
Dimensions for 90-282

Alternate view of 90-282
Alternate view of 90-282

I think that will work. Thank you. Is there any way to order the sash lock without the keeper for 90-278? Also what is the part number for the mounting screws. I'd like to use new ones. Appreciate the guidance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that the 90-278 only comes as a kit with the keeper included. The lock itself isn't sold individually.

As for screws, you want a #8 flathead screw for the lock and a #6 screw for the keeper. Length is tougher to predict; if you happen to have one of the old screws on hand, I suggest using one of those as a reference.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.