Sliding patio screen door roller

A quick learner from Downers Grove, Ill 60516 says:
Hi, Im looking for this patio screen door roller that goes on the bottom of the door, it looks like the spring action for the wheel broken. it does not have a number on the part only has written "Pat Pend". do you have this part in stock ?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1580.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1582.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare the 84-086 roller pair to your assembly. We'll include the dimensions from our product page below. Thanks for posting!

Dimensions for 84-086
Dimensions for 84-086

A quick learner from Downers Grove, Ill 60516 says:
Hi, I compare my rollers to the dimensions you provided and this is what I have .

The wheel is a 1" diameter.
The 3/8" Dimension is .365 instead of .375
The 13/32" Dimension is .410 equal to 13/32"
The 2" Dimension is 1 9/16"

The 2" dimension does not match, is this possible ?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1590.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1591.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1592.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Most of your dimensions do appear to match or are very close to ours besides the overall length. Unfortunately, we do not carry a version of this part that is 1-1/2" long but I can confirm that the 84-086 would be our best match. If you decide to give it a try and run into any problems, our return policy can be found here

A quick learner from Downers Grove, Ill. 60516 says:
Taking in consideration buying this product but, before doing so, one more question : On the door itself, the opening for the roller assembly measures 1 7/8" ,( I"ll send a picture), do you still think your product will fit through that opening ? based on the 2" dimension of your product ?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1596.jpeg
A quick learner from Downers Grove, Ill. 60516 says:
Could it be an error on your part where the 2"dimension is ? I can measure 2" from where half of the wheel is to the end of the part where the 13/32 dimension is, take a look at this photo I sent you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageQsnhNY.gif
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

The dimensions in the diagram are correct. However, the lower section of the roller just above the screw base does measure 1-1/2". That measurement is what is shown in your photos. I understand your concern with the door cut out being 1-7/8" long. I measured the far end of the roller to the center of the mounting hole and it came out to 2-1/16". Check your roller to see if yours has the same measurement. In a pinch, you might need to elongate the cut-out in the door to accept the wheel. Your roller is an older version which I don't believe is still being made, so the 84-086 would be our best replacement option.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.