Sliding two door screens - Metal tab at top of frame

A quick learner from Arizona says:
A metal type of screen door stop. It is held by two screws at the top center of two screen sliding doors. The part appears to have had a small downward pointing tab, which may have kept one side of the screen door from over positioning to other side.

Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

I'm afraid I don't know what it is that you're describing. Can you show us some photos of the hardware in question? I can't promise we will have something but we will certainly try our best.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 831C66A9-0FFF-4C33-BF0E-38E97E6DA999.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for the photo! This is a bit odd. Our 85-001 screen door keeper looks similar to what you have here. However, what makes this setup odd is that a keeper is designed to engage with a mortise lock in the door. It isn't designed to install at the top of the frame like you show here. Take a look at the specifications for this part and see what you think. 

Alternate image for 85-001
Alternate image for 85-001

I saw that product while searching for a replacement part.

My double sliding screen doors match the interior double sliding doors. The interior sliding doors stop prior to going over center, and meet to lock.

I may not be able to fully describe, but I believe the item in question may be designed to do the same thing, keep either screen door from going past its center point.

Otherwise I have a problem with both screen doors moving to one side, which they still meet to close, but are and off center.

Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for clarifying! This part is definitely the best match we have for what you show here. However, our return policy can be found here just in case. 

A professional from Kelowna, BC Canada says:
We have the same question. Our double sliding screen doors in our home have a divider/stopper at the top of the track, which stops the two screen doors from passing the center point. We are searching for this part for several clients of ours who have double doors, but don't have anything that stops them from sliding past the middle. If you can assist we would really appreciate it!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5864.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5863.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

We don't sell a replacement for the stopper in your photos, unfortunately. Your best option may be to contact the original manufacturer of the door if you can track them down. I am very sorry that we can't be of more help but please let us know if you have any other hardware questions.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.