Tandem roller for patio sliding glass door

A quick learner from CO says:
I need to replace the rollers in my patio sliding glass door. The issue I am having is the rollers measure at 1 1/4" but it is really difficult to get to rollers over the railing.

I tried buying replacements at Home Depot but I can't get the rollers over the railing and they rollers will not attract high enough to reinstall the door.

If I go to a 1" will it cure my issue and if they don't work can I return them??

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7682.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7683.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7684.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7685.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. Did your original rollers have a wheel diameter of 1-1/4"? If so, it's generally best to stick with the original dimensions. Have you adjusted the roller height when re-installing the door, so you have more room to work with? The video below, at the 2:30 mark, explains this.  

If this doesn't work, please tell me the dimensions of your original roller, including the wheel diameter and the height and width of the assembly, and we'll try and find what you need. 

The rollers were 1 1/4" but it was really hard to get the door off the rails after I loosened the screw all the way.
I purchased replacement rollers 1 1/4" from
Home Depot but o had the same problem I couldn't get the door over the tracks with the replacement rollers when I was reinstalling. I backed the screw out as far as possible.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It may not be an issue with the rollers, but the track itself. You have to make sure you're removing the door in the proper direction; most patio glass doors can be tilted out to the outside for removal, but some others require being tilted into the house, depending on the design of the threshold.

Changing the wheel size may help, but it could also present some other problems, too; if they're too small, then you may find that your door drags along the bottom of the frame when you operate it. Trading one problem for another may not be worth it.

Your next step should be to examine the track and threshold to see if you can pick out why this door is having such a hard time being removed. Take note of any lips or edges that would interfere with its removal. 

Thanks for the info. If I buy the 1 1/4" rollers and they don't work can I return them?

Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure, that's totally possible. You can see our return policy here.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.