This crank was installed in the late 70s.

A home owner from Ri says:
I need to replace it. I'm clueless about measurements, etc. I had ordered a replacement from Amazon, but when it got here I noticed that it had two holes at the top of it and the one in the picture only has one hole at the top. I had to return it.
I'm asking my son to install it since I am in my 80s and can no longer do these things myself.
If you could help me identify the one I need to do to replace this, I would greatly appreciate it
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Crank
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but we can't be sure of the correct replacement with it still installed. If you could have your son remove your operator and send a few additional photos of the arms that attach to the internal window linkage, as well as a clear view of the bottom installation holes, that will help us narrow down your options. In the meantime, you're welcome to look through our selection here. Thank you! 

Here are some additional photos. I hope this helps.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom installation holes
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Crank arms
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Linkage
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Handle
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Frame
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. Unfortunately, we are not able to make out the details of your operator with the arms still attached to the linkage. We'll need to see your assembly fully removed from the window to narrow down your options. 

Finally got the rest of the pictures that you need to identify the window operator that we need.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Gear
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Crank arms
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top hole
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Mounting holes
Profile picture of Casey

Great, we were able to narrow down your options based on the additional photos you've provided. Look over the three crank pairs we've related on this page to see how the dimensions shown on our product pages compare to yours. Note that the distance between the installation holes and the diameter of the hole at the end of the link arm are especially important. 

Thank you! We ordered 39 025.
Profile picture of Casey

Great, just let us know if you need anything else, and feel free to look through our return policy here in case you run into any trouble. 

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.