Tilt Latch 26-408

A home owner from Massachusetts says:
This is close to what I need. Do you have any shorter?
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to say that we don't sell another version of the 26-408 latch pair. I truly apologize that we won't be able to assist with this repair but please let us know if you have any other hardware questions. 

Thanks for your reply. In measuring, I think the 26-393B would be proper size. I know visually, it does not look like 26-408?but wouldn't it function the same way or am I missing something?

Profile picture of Emily

Before we recommend anything, would it be possible for us to see a few photos of the old latch you're looking to replace? 

Hello,
I am emailing again as a recent email string I tried to reply to was flagged on your end as 'possible spam'.

Issue: I am trying replace a broken latch. I no longer have the broken latch, but below are pics of two latches from another window. One pic has the measuring tape as best I could measure.

We purchased latch 26-408. But it is too long and I am told you have nothing shorter.

My question is could a different style work? I was thinking item 26-393B, pic and specs below. That seems to measure long enough. I realize it doesn't look like what I currently have (specifically how the piece at the end that runs left to right). But could it work? Right now I have an empty space where the latch should be. So I need something. Thanks for your help. A copy of a sticker from the window is also attached. I don't know window brand. They could be Home Depot windows. Thanks again,
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Brenda L1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Brenda L2.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Brenda L3.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Brenda L4.JPG
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks so much for the photos! How about the 26-266? This looks like a better match for what you show here. However, the right-handed version is no longer available. Review the specifications and see how they compare with yours.

You're welcome to try the other style of latch that you mentioned but we can't promise it will work since it's not a direct match. Our return policy can be found here just in case. 

Thanks. But what is your suggestion if
26-266 works? What do I do for the right? I need a left and 2 rights. Thanks, Brenda
Profile picture of Emily

At that point, the best we can offer is the 26-393A. It's a different style than yours, and we haven't had any confirmation that it works but check out the specifications and see what you think.

Our return policy can be found here just in case. 

Removing and installing flush mount tilt latches
Removing and installing flush mount tilt latches
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.