Top Sash Guide help please

A home owner from 85209 says:

Hi!

Looking to replace some of my top sash guides. I have quite a few broken in my house which caused the Balance to pop up and of course they're no longer holding the window up. I also need some Balances but I'm going to send a separate request for that. Thanks so much for the help ! I have to purchase a little more than 20 or so.

I didn't see them on your site, but hopefully my pics help you identify them. These are from a house that was built in 1999 and these are the original windows.

thanks!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1819.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1824.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1828.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1829.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1832.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I have seen this top sash guide before, many times in fact. I have some bad news for you, though: these haven't been made in many years. The only thing we carry that comes close is our 18-009, but every time I recommend this to a customer with the caveat that it may not work, they never get back to me. Which is totally understandable, don't get me wrong, but that means that as of this date I just don't know if it will service as a substitute. i can only tell you that it's our best bet, but there are no guarantees.

Thanks so much ! I ordered some and will get back to you about how they work. I promise. They look promising !
Profile picture of Tom

That's very kind of you, thank you so much! If you want peace of mind, you can see our return policy here.

Hi,
I'm pleased to report that those sash guides do, in fact, work. As you know the 'fins' or 'wings' on the side of the guides are not as wide as the original, but that doesn't matter because the real working part of the guide is the same dimension and location as the original. I put the new guides as well as the pair of balances you all recommended as well as using the slider slicker and wow that made such a big difference lifting the window.

The whole operation took about 5 minutes thanks to your videos.

Now that I know the balances and the guides fit perfectly, I have to make the 'big' order because I'm replacing the balances and sash guides in 17 of our windows in our 20 year old house.

Thanks again!

Profile picture of Tom

That's so incredibly helpful, thank you! I'm going to spread the word around our office to make sure everyone understands this development. I really appreciate you taking the chance on this part. If you ever need anything else, please let us know.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.