Top mounted scissors style window operatoe

A home owner from Hilo, HI says:
I've purchased a truth window operator which I thought was the correct part. Unfortunately it isn't. Please help me find the right window operator. In the photos the white operator is the one I recently purchased, the brown is the original. The brown operator is mounted on the top of the channel in the window sill, and there is a gap in the window sill to hold the operator.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named lp_image.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear the 39-470 didn't work for you. See our Return Policy here. Your old operator looks more like either the 39-083 or 39-140. Compare to the diagrams below to see what matches best. The 39-114L will work as a handle with these mechanisms. Let me know if you have other questions.

Dimensions for 39-083
Dimensions for 39-083
Dimensions for 39-140
Dimensions for 39-140

A home owner from Hilo, HI says:
Thank you, The 39-083 looks like the current operator in length. Do you have a cover that closes the gap above the operator too? The old one had a metal plate that went over it.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

That sounds like it might be part of the window trim, which unfortunately isn't something we sell. Due to the age of the window, you may need to make one from scratch to accommodate the new style operator base.

How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.