Window cranker 39-280

A home owner from Jupiter Fl.33469 says:
Unfortunately the hole is larger on the operator link than my original screw. I cannot tie on tightly. By the way the holes are the same size on the operator link and the window torque bar. What should I do, I don't want to send the crankers back they fit perfectly, please help, Thanks in advance Amalia
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

If the hole in the link arm of your crank differs from the 3/8" diameter shown below, we'll need you to write out the exact measurement of yours. If there is one difference, there are likely more that can be hard to spot. It would be a good idea to send us photos of your original operator to confirm if we carry a suitable replacement. Thank you. 

Dimensions for 39-280
Dimensions for 39-280

A home owner from Jupiter Fl.33469 says:
Thank you for replying so fast. My mistake the hole on the old link is 2/8" diameter. I'm sending back the crankers. You could do one of two things, returning the money or if you have 39-280 with the hole 2/8" diameter, must have grooves I would take them. Sorry about the mishap but I'm an amateur by the way my windows are using BartonKramer #234 pan am operators. thank you again Sincerely, Amalia
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. We can't make a confident recommendation without seeing detailed photos of your original operator but I can tell you that past customers with Barton Kramer windows have used our 39-025 and 39-026 replacements. This in no way guarantees that it is the same operator used in your window, but it would be a good place to start. Review the specifications below and see if the 10-24 thread bushing that attaches the link arm to the window linkage matches your assembly. If you notice any discrepancies, we will need to see photos of your assembly and have you write out the exact dimensions compared to ours to research this further. 

Dimensions for 39-025
Dimensions for 39-025

View of the offset of 39-025
View of the offset of 39-025

As for the operator that you ordered, you are welcome to review our return policy here if you'd like to send them back. 

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.