awning window casement hardware

A contractor from San Rafael CA says:

Looking for 24" casement hardware hinges for an awning window 48" tall and 41" wide. The window is made of wood and it is a single pane of glass. I reviewed your product: 36-028HD and would like your input if the hinge is strong enough to carry the weight.

I recently had the window out and I would guess it weighs 45 pounds.

Thank You,

Marko

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

The carrying capacity for the 36-028HD is 92.5 Ibs. With that being said, it is important to make sure that the original hinges are the same 4-bar style as the replacements. Feel free to get back to us with photos of the original hinges to confirm if these would be the best replacement option. Thank you! 

Dimensions for 36-028HD
Dimensions for 36-028HD

Hi Casey,
I realize that this hinge is larger than the one I am taking out. I plan to router the window edge to make room for the larger hinge. The previous hinges were not strong enough for easy operation.
If you have another suggestion let me know.
Thanks,
Marko
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0889.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0888.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

I see, it sounds like you have a plan but feel free to look over our return policy here in case you run into any trouble. I also see that you tried to submit two photos but, unfortunately, they did not come through properly. If you could resend them, we'd be happy to confirm if ur four-bar style hinges would be your best option. 

I hope the photos make it through this time.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hinge
HI Casey,
I may not have enough space to fit the 4 bar hinge. What other options are there?
Thanks,
Marko
Profile picture of Casey

We also carry 2-bar hinges like the 36-004-22 and 36-004-26, depending on the exact length of the base that attaches to your window frame. Our records indicate that these types of hinges can support a 45-pound sash, but it would be a good idea to confirm the exact weight before purchasing replacements. It is also possible that the rust and age of the hinges could have prevented the window from operating properly rather than due to the weight, though we can't be sure without being there to evaluate the window. If you decide to give them a try and run into any issues, our return policy can be found here.

A contractor from San Francisco says:
Hi Casey, if I order hinges , 2-26" stainless steel awning hinges (45 lb window) and 4-10"casement stainless steel hinges how long will it take to receive them?
Thx

Marko
Profile picture of Casey

We offer multiple shipping options, which you'll be able to choose from at checkout once you're ready to place an order on our website. You will be given delivery estimates and pricing for each option. We do offer expedited shipping if needed. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.