dual arm hinge from a Cascade Windows bathroom window

A home owner from Kauai says:
It looks like the part that connects the hinge to the window frame has broken. I don't know the part number for a replacement. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hinge - 1.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but I don't recognize your operator assembly at first glance. If you could show us the base, handle, and bracket used to connect the arms to the bottom of the sash, that would give us a better idea of what you need. We'll relate a few videos on this page for you to review in the meantime. Thank you! 

Thanks for the rapid response. Here are photos of the bottom of the sash, the base & handle. Note that there's no bracket on the bottom of the sash for the arms to connect to. This may have broken off.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Handle Base.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Handle.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Sash Bottom.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

It's tough to be sure but it seems like there may be more to the operator arms that may be missing in addition to the bracket that attaches to the sash. Is there another window that uses the same type of hardware that you could check to determine if there should be more to this assembly? 

I had the same thought myself, but, unfortunately, the only other awning window uses completely different hardware. I think I'm going to have to remove the broken hardware and see if I can find a make/model or some kind of identifier.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Downstairs Bathroom Window - 1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Downstairs Bathroom Window - 2.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. Your intact operator looks like a match to our 39-239B, which uses the 39-558 detach clips and 39-536 pivot slides. We also offer the 39-375 handle and cover used with this assembly. I suspect that this might be the same hardware used in the window you're repairing but we can't be positive without seeing the missing pieces. If you decide to give it a try, our return policy can be found here in case you run into any problems. 

Alternate view and dimensions for 39-239B
Alternate view and dimensions for 39-239B

Dimensions for 39-239B
Dimensions for 39-239B

Alternate image for 39-558
Alternate image for 39-558

Alternate image for 39-536
Alternate image for 39-536

Hello again,

I removed the "broken" operator and took a couple of photos. It says "Truth" on the top side of the operator and has a number "3" and a date "04/06/16" on the bottom. Does this help you identify it ?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Upstairs Bathroom Operator - 1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Upstairs Bathroom Operator - 2.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, the names and numbers on the assembly do not confirm the correct replacement but I can tell you that the 39-239B Encore operator that we mentioned is also made by Truth. This would be our best replacement option based on what is shown in this thread.

Thanks. Just wanted to confirm that you don't have a replacement for the original part. I suspect it's a discontinued product. I'll go ahead and order the parts you recommended.

Thanks for your assistance.

alistair
Profile picture of Casey

Since you mentioned that some of the hardware is missing, there is a good chance that it is the same type of assembly used in your second window. I'm not sure what could have happened to the rest of the operator assembly but I can tell you that I have not come across an operator that only uses the short base arms shown in your photos, which is what leads me to believe that it could be a damaged version of the 39-239B.

Got it. The broken part that I have is probably the 39-239B, but the long arms have been broken off. That makes sense.

I've created an account and will order the parts this morning.

Thanks,

alistair
Profile picture of Casey

Great, just let us know if you need anything else! 

Hello,

I just wanted to say "Thank you !" for your support. I received the h/w yesterday and installed it this morning. It all fit perfectly !

I'm going to order another set of h/w and replace the old h/w on my second window.

Thanks again !

alistair
Profile picture of Casey

That's great news! We appreciate you letting us know how your repair worked out. We'll be here if you have any other hardware questions. 

How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.