foam tape for Kinco windows

Quick Learner from USA
Nov 27, 2013 12:23 pm
Paul,

I googled Kinco and found that you sell some parts for their windows now that they are defunct.

I have two drop-down windows nominally 20" x 36" for a total of 40" x 72". Not sure if drop-down is the correct term. Anyway the windows are designed to be used to pass through plates and dishes on a countertop.As a result, there is no bottom frame, the windows close directly on the countertop.

The foam tape that completed the closure fit in a groove at the bottom of the window that is 5/8" wide. The gap from the bottom of that groove to the outer flange that extends down the farthest is almost another 5/8".The gap from the bottom of that flange to the countertop is about 1/8.

So what I need is some foam tape that is 5/8" wide and 5/8" thick at a minimum but ideally 3/4" thick. I can't find it at Ace, Home Despot, Lowe's or the one window place I've checked so far.

If foam tape in those dimensions is not available, is there some kind of seal that uses a hollow rubber gasket like those used for doors and sometimes for garage door bottoms?
Thanks for your help.
Jay
5 Replies
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Dec 4, 2013 2:36 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thank you for posting. I'm not sure what you have exactly, Jay. Could I see a few pictures of your existing foam tape? I would need to see its shape, so pictures of its profile are essential.
Quick Learner from USA
Dec 11, 2013 2:44 pm
Enclosed are two pictures of the Kinco windows and the groove on the bottom The first picture is out of focus but I think it shows pretty clearly that the width of the grove is 1/2 inch The second picture shows the depth of the groove - though it appears to be 1/2 inch due to the angle it is really 9/16 These windows close directly onto a countertop so there is no bottom frame for the window.They originally came with what appeared to be foam glued directly into the groove with no backing on the foam.I think that what I need is either sticky-back foam tape that is 1/2" in width and 5/8" deep to go in the groove; or possibly a hollow plastic gasket like those used for door jambs.The latter would probably be more durable than the foam.Thanks for your help.I'll try to forward better pictures; I didn't realize how bad these were.Jay Stannard
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Dec 13, 2013 9:02 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Your photo shows a groove on the inside part of sash, which your ruler measures as 9/32". Would our 58-105, which has a height of 11/32", work for you? To install, unscrew the side screw of the sash and pull it away so that you can slide the wool pile in the groove.
Quick Learner from Billerica
Aug 15, 2023 12:27 pm
Looking to see if you carry rubber gaskets for a window
IMG_2326
1 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 16, 2023 8:02 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

We unfortunately don't sell this exact style of gasket. I would say the closest options in our inventory are the 59-067 and 59-068, but both are obviously very different and I can't guarantee that either will work for your application.

I'm sorry that we can't offer you a better option.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts