length of channel balance

Handy Person from Auburn, Wa.
Oct 8, 2010 5:28 pm
I have 2 series 380 channel balance. The channel balance w/o top and shoe is 24-7/16". Is this a special order?
5 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 11, 2010 9:52 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Can you please give us the number printed on the balance?
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Oct 11, 2010 10:20 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
The closest length balance we would have for this balance series or similar measures 25".
Please remove the window sash and place it on a scale.
We need the weight of the window sash in pounds to determine the proper stamp option.
Handy Person from Auburn, Wa.
Oct 11, 2010 1:05 pm
I looked for a number on the channel and found none.
Handy Person from auburn, Wa.
Oct 12, 2010 8:02 pm
The sash weighs 22#. I did find numbers on the other counterbalance, "23 1/2 9 30# TK CALDWELL" Thanks for your help.
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Oct 13, 2010 6:41 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
We only have balances that measure on the full inch. I'm not sure if 24" or 25" will work.
Balance series 380, 24" with stamp option 2340 will carry a window sash weight range of 18 through 22 pounds.
Balance series 380, 25" with stamp option 2440 will carry a window sash weight range of 19 through 24 pounds.
This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts