look for hardware parts for metal bifold door

A home owner from Tampa, FL says:

Hello,

I have 8 metal bifold doors that are needed to change with the new set of hardware in order to open/close them easily & securely. I am looking for your help for identifying all needed parts of the hardware. There is a tack of the sliding door on the top, and another track on the floor.

I am sending you 5 pictures for your reference. In fact, I have another two pictures showing the top track and speed nut. However, since your site only allows up to 5 pictures, I am not able to send them more.

Once I receive your recommendation on the hardware, I will order them from your web site.

thank you very much.

Jia

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211128_102822.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211128_102921.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211128_103032.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211128_103209.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211128_103657.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Greetings. We believe you have National bi-fold doors. The first photo of the top pivot, we believe you can use our 21-041. The second and fourth photo showing the slider pins, we have parts you can replace: see the 21-113 nylon slider cap, the 21-026B plain 1/4" pin, the 21-252 cone spring and the 21-155 palnut. The third photo showing the bottom pivot pin, you can use the 21-046. Finally, the fifth photo showing the nylon track pivot bracket would be our 21-204. Please review.

A quick learner from Tampa, FL says:
Hello, following your suggestion posted on 12/2/2021, I bought a bunch of parts for one metal bifold door, because would like to try them first. If they are working well, will place order with the same parts for the rest doors.

My question is about bifold door bottom pivot (part # 21-046). The rod is threaded, there are three pieces that can be screwed to the rod, one is the nylon bushing, second is metal nut, the third is the metal thing with a U shape clip (dont know the name of it).

I am wondering what is the right sequence to apply the nylon busing, mental nut and third metal thing with the rod? Do you have a picture showing the correct way to install this bottom pivot?

Thanks.

Jia
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211128_103032.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

To install the National adjusting pin, 21-046, you will first lay down the door on a stable surface, or even just the floor. Remove all fittings from the threaded pin and slide it up from the bottom of the door. As you begin, take the black "C Clamp" and begin screwing it onto the pin with the bottom sleeve facing down into the door hole. Give the pin a few turns and attach the nylon bushing with the bump facing up to the upper door hole.

After you get the black clamp pressing against the bottom hole and the nylon against the top hole, add the steel nut and bushing on top of the door frame loosely. Now bring the door up and place the 21-046 pin into the bottom door track bracket, and the 21-041 spring loaded pivot pin into the top track bracket and snap the top and bottom guide pins into the track. With a screwdriver, turn the threaded 21-046 pin to adjust the door so that it will perform smoothly and square to the wall. When you have the door in the proper position, turn the top steel nut with washer tighter to lock the pivot pin in place.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.