old windows

A home owner from north Port Fl. says:
my house was built in the early 60s in Florida. This is all that bis left of the sashes, they are non-tilt windows, I have two, and all balances are in bad shape. any help would be great.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sash.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you show us a photo of how this balance connects to the sash at the bottom corners? 

I'm thinking our Series 500 spiral balance and 17-012 bracket may be the way to go. We've used this setup on old wood windows and find it to be a reliable and straight-forward solution but I'd like to see photos first just to be safe. 

A home owner from north Port Fl. says:
I should have specified, these are old metal windows. I want to say early 60s
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for clarifying. I believe you have a very old Air Control window. The bottom nylon sash clips are the 17-014 and 17-015. The balance system will be Series 300 with either the 15-011 nylon shoe or the 15-020 nylon shoe. In order for us to determine the best match, can you remove an undamaged shoe and show us some photos? 

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.