please help

A quick learner says:
Attached picture shows the front and back of our old pivot shoe that is 3/4" deep x 1-1/4" wide x 2-1/4 high. It is an obsolete Unique Balance part number: Shoe 720D, Cam 165 x 390. The picture also shows our coil spring balance.
When I called, it was suggested that I send this photo for evaluation. Is your 15-120 Pivot Shoe for 3/4" thick the best replacement available?
I would want to evaluate samples in our window (4 pieces minimum) before placing a volume order. Please quote on 1000 to 5000 pieces with quantity price breaks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Shoe_Detroit Switch, Inc #0370882_20230517_1
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! It is likely the 15-120 pivot shoe may not work for you as these are typically used for spiral balances. We may have a solution we can offer as a replacement but there are a few details we'll need from you before we can confirm.

To start, we'll need to know the width of the coil spring. We'll also need to see the coil spring housing as well as the pivot bar used with your existing shoe.

Let me know if you have any questions.

A quick learner from Pittsburgh says:
Per your request, Jasmine:
I believe the 15-120 Pivot Shoe would work for us if you don't find anything better to hold the coil balance spring. I would just want to try them before buying a large quantity.
The coil balance spring is 3/4" wide and has a "hoop" where it catches below the slot in the shoe (see attachment and previous pictures). The attachment also shows how the coil spring is held in the jamb liner. We cannot use the shoes in the attachment. We require the cam motion to push against the side wall of the jamb liner like your # 15-120.
The zinc die cast pivot measures 1.96" x .312" where it fits in the cam.

I apologize for not replying sooner. I was off on Thursday and we are closed every Friday.
I accidentally clicked on the Unsubscribe link in the email.

My apologies for the delay in response, while I was waiting on our senior experts to research this.

They've confirm that if you do not need the coil springs, the 15-120 should work fine as a replacement.

A quick learner from Pittsburgh says:

Jasmine,

I bought 4 pieces of the 15-120 Pivot Shoe, 3/4" Thick. It fits the jamb liner and holds our coil balance spring fine. The pivot bar we use is cast with dimensions .312" wide x .196" high. 15-120 Pivot Shoe slot in the cam measures 1/2" wide x 5/16" height (too large). Would you have a smaller slot in the cam that fits the 3/4" thick shoe?

Bob 

We would not be able to provide you with a cam that you could change out in the shoe, however there is a chance the 26-441 may work as a replacement for you.

This the pivot bar compatible with the 15-120 pivot shoe. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.