replace balance and pins

A home owner from Brooklyn says:
Hi,
Trying to replace this balance and pin(s) for the lower sash of a double window. The windows were installed ~2006 when the building was built.
The balance says DB K03 35 REG on it (see photo), but there are literally no other markings on it.
Also, the (pivot) pin that slides into the bottom of the window and connect to the sash is broken (see photo) and needs to be replaced.

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0204.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0206.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0205.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0246.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0248.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I just wanted to let you know that we're still looking into the availability of your balance. Your stamp is actually a little peculiar and we need to do some digging to see if it's something we can provide. Please bear with us a little longer as we figure that out and we'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks. Let me know if there's anything else I can provide like more photos or videos of the balance, the sash, the pin, or anything else.

Also, if it's possible to just use a different but compatible balance instead of this one, I'll happily provide all measurements to find it.

Thanks!

Profile picture of Tom

Thanks again for your patience. This is definitely a weird one. Before we go any further, can you tell me the exact weight of the sash that this balance supports? Can you also confirm the length? It looks like 36" from your last photo but it's a little hard to make out.

The sash is 20lbs (with the window glass of course). The balance is indeed 36".
Would any other measurements help?
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you. What I think you have here is a version of our Series 751 channel balance, but with a 15-197 shoe at the end instead of the default 15-014. Note how the 15-197 has more of a horse shoe shape. Does this look right to you? I recommend that you carefully compare your shoe to this one to confirm.

Additionally, the 36" version of this balance does not have a stock option that can support a sash that light. That means this will have to be custom made with a special 35R stamp, which carries 15 through 24 pounds. It would also have that 15-197 shoe attached.

Does this look good to you? I want to stress that I'm not 100% sure that this will work but it does look like our best option. Custom balances cannot be returned for a refund, though, so it's up to you if you want to pull the trigger on this.

If you want to move forward, just let me know how many you wanted to buy and I will email you a purchase link and price quote that you can use to place an order on our site. Our minimum purchase quantity is 2.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.