sash Guide selection

Landlord from Santa Cruz, CA
Oct 24, 2020 6:06 pm
I recently bought some Series 350 Channel balances from you (28" option 2740) for a Milgard window. When I took out the window to install the channel balances some plastic parts (broken) fell out of the guide area. I installed the channel balances but when I bring the window down, the balances don't hook on to the window.

So I think those broken plastic parts must be the sash guides.
It looks like a ?" guide and in the attached picture top width is ?", lower width is ?" and distance to center of hole is ?". There is a thin slot above the circular hole. Can't find a picture that exactly matches. In the phots here the piece on the left is broken from the middle down and the piece on the right is intact except for the top shelf whose sides are sheared off. (left one is full size though.

Can you tell me what guide is needed to replace this piece?
?" sash guide sash guide 2 sash guide 3
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Oct 24, 2020 6:26 pm
Fractions did not translate so here it is in decimals.

It looks like a .625" guide and in the attached picture top width is .875", lower width is .625" and distance to center of hole is .625".
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 29, 2020 10:45 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for reaching out to us! It's tough to tell, since your part is so damaged, but it looks very similar to our 18-009. We measure our top sash guides a little differently, so I highly recommend reviewing our dimensions to see how well they line up. 

Oct 29, 2020 8:06 pm
This looks like it will work even though the extra screw hoe in the top section is not in the original - don't need it.

Thank you. I'[m going to order 30 now.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts