sash balance

Handy Person from New Jersey
May 7, 2024 9:29 am
I have a house built 1969/1970 it has Andersen double hung windows. I need to replace the sash balancers in 4/5 windows in the house. Now I did the best I could to pull away the top cover of the window to expose the sash balance so that I could read the numbers on it without taking the whole window apart. Now first of all I will give you the Measurements of the sash balance that is in the window I did the best I could with the measurements. Length = 6 1/4 inch Width = 2 3/4 inches. Now I will give you the numbers stamped on the sash balance. Remember I did the best I could in reading these numbers without taking the window apart totally. The number stamped on the sash balance is as follows: D1 7 27 170. If you can give me definite identification on the sash balance I will have to order 8 or 10 of these sash balancers. Another thing I dont know if it makes a difference but, 3 or 4 of the windows are 36 inches wide & one window is 40 inch wide. The part number I gave you has come out of a 36 inch wide window. See if you can help me out or give me your best recommendations.

Thanks,

Rich
3 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 7, 2024 12:58 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi Rich,

Thanks for writing in!  Based on the provided stamp, it appears you'll need the 24-737 Andersen Sash Balance. These are made to replace balances stamped with a 725, 727, 731, or 737.

You'll want to check the stamps from the other balances as well.

They are not designated for any particular side of the window.

Please feel free to reach out with any other hardware repair questions you might have.

Handy Person from New Jersey
May 7, 2024 2:14 pm
Thanks, I want to double check this if I can before I place any order.

Rich
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 7, 2024 3:00 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi Rich,

Okay, great! I understand. Once you've had the chance to check the stamps on the other balances. Please let me know if any of them differ.

I'm happy to take a look at any others if you are not sure.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts