shower door sweep

A home owner from New Berlin, WI says:
Hi,
looking for some help to replace this brush style shower door sweep with just a plastic type sweep; the brush stays too wet and is causing mold and caulk to never get to dry in between shower uses.
This brush style is 26 inches long and has a more round vs rectangle top that needs to fit into the slot/rail on the bottom of the shower door; I have tried a "star-shaped" top and it fell out.
Do you think the round top you sell would work.
Thanks
Janet
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190603_134255749.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190603_134334133.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Janet. I've never in my life seen wool pile used on a shower door. Whoever installed that was either in a rush or they didn't know what they were doing. It would definitely cause issues like what you're experiencing now.

As for which of our shower door seals to use, I really can't say for sure. You could have originally had just about anything. Shower door seal can be hard to supply since shower door series are discontinued all the time by the manufacturers. It's difficult to keep up with.

I made a list of potential sweeps on this page that you can review. One of these may work but I can't say for sure. It will come down to the dimensions of the original sweep on the door, which is not information you or I will be able to acquire.

A home owner from New Berlin, WI says:
thanks.
I am going to try to the 10-320 style that you posted.
Janet
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Awesome, thank you! We appreciate your consideration. Please let us know how it works out.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.