Replacing the Stanley sliding door top roller kit 00-5024

A home owner from pittsburg ca. says:
any parts replacement for stanley sliding door top roller kit part nos. 00-5024
Customer image of their sliding door Stanley roller.
Note: these pictures were taken while roller was attached, top right side corner
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
I do believe we have a replacement for you, I will post again as soon as it is available.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for bearing with us. Take a look at the newly added sliding mirror door guide, the 23-222C. Take a look at the dimensions listed and compare with your old roller. Let us know if you think this could work for you. 

Dimensions for 23-222C
Dimensions for 23-222C

A home owner says:
I have the same need for this part. I guess I would be ordering part# 23-222 for the top and what about for the bottom roller?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
SWISCO product code 23-041, mirror wardrobe door roller assembly, I believe this might be the roller you are searching for. If this does not seem to match the roller you are replacing, send detailed images for us to research.
A home owner from La Puente Calif. says:
On my slider there seems to be a right and a left, I need a left roller #00.5024. Is your 23.222 universal? Was there any problems with your other customer's replacement?
A home owner from Watsonville, CA. says:
Where can I order this part number 00-5024, as I have 4 mirrored doors to repair and nobody locally supplies this part.

Looking at these discussions, does this mean that 23-222 is the replacement for this part? It looks to be a better replacement since it is not made of plastic. Has 00-5024 been discontinued?

Thanks,
Bob
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello Bob.

Our customers have been purchasing the 23-222C to use as a replacement for the 00-5024, however we have not yet had any feedback regarding the replacement process.

A quick learner from Watsonville, CA. says:
I will order some for my house and if it works, I will surely let you know on this post next week.

Bob
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you very much. We have been looking for feedback in regards to the replacement of the 00-5024.
A quick learner from Watsonville, ca says:
I tried installing the part and noticed that they are still a bit small and can be adjusted. But the downfall of this part is it's locking mechanism, once installed it is difficult to remove and adjust. There ways to improve this locking mechanism, but no way to show on this site on how to fix it.

If modified prior to installment, it would work fine. The height of the rollers is slightly off. Not sure what the results were for the other people, but must not have been favorable, since no one has posted.

Bob
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you very much for your feedback, Bob. We appreciate you taking the time to post a follow-up on the discussion board.
A handy person from Haslett, Michigan says:

I have one broken 00-5024. Would I be wise to replace both of them with part number 23-222C on the slider affected rather than just one?

Profile picture of Tom
Yes, I would recommend you replace both of them.
A home owner from St. Louis, MO says:
I'm missing one top 00.5024
If I want to buy 2 for both sides, is there left and right?
Where and how can I order them
Profile picture of Tom

We've determined the Swisco 23-222C will work as a replacement. They can be used for both left and right sides.

All orders can be placed online.

A quick learner from Sedona AZ says:
I have mirrored sliding closet doors in my house. Carpet installers have broken two of the top roller guide assemblies. Please help me find a replacement assembly The assembly is made of plastic and has a marking= Stanley 00-5024 Patent Pending. The doors are or are
similar to ERIAS 24-5902. The assemblies clip into the metal frame of
the closet doors. they have 2 rollers at their top that press out
against the sides of the metal channel mounted on the closet framing.
the wheels are 3/4 + inches in diameter. The assembly is 3 inches tall
that clips onto the back of the metal frame of the door. It is 1 3/8 inches wide.The distance from the outside of one wheel to the outside of the other wheel is 1 3/4 inches. the assembly and the wheels are all
plastic.
(Also see attached pictures!)
Profile picture of Tom
I added your query to this long discussion regarding the Stanley 5024. See the above posts for details about this part.
A home owner from Toms River, New Jersey says:
I am missing one of the top rollers 00-5024 for my Stanley sliding mirror closet doors. Is there anywhere I can purchase it? (including this website)
Profile picture of Tom
We have not been able to source a replacement for the Stanley 5024 rollers at this time.
A quick learner from California says:
We bought the 23-222 Mirror Guide, and made it work after some adjustments and using super glue to hold it in place. It seems to hold so far. For the same mirror closet door, we are also missing the door handle. It is 1" X 3", made of mirror, and is glued on. Where can I buy that? Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
I'm not familiar with the closet door handle made of mirror.

Can you upload a photo of it so we can take a look?
A quick learner from Phoenix, AZ says:
Hello, thanks for everyone's posts. I am wanting to know about the top track and the bottom track for the door that this hardware fits. I have a 4' wide mirrored door with the mentioned hardware (top roller and bottom wheels) on it. Can you help me with finding the top track and the bottom track.

Thanks.
Jon
Profile picture of Tom
There are a few rollers mentioned in this discussion.

Can you identify which one you have?
A quick learner from Phoenix, AZ says:
The 2 top guides that I have are 17-4116. The 23-222 guide looks exactly like what I have. The bottom rollers (wheels) that I have look exactly like the 23-041 previously mentioned in this thread. These are complete, intact, and attached to the mirrored door. What I am trying to find is the track that these go into and the track they roll on (respectively). I need at least 8 feet of each of these tracks.

Thanks.

Jon
Profile picture of Tom
Jon, you may want to start by taking a look at our Sliding Mirror Door Section
A home owner from elk grove,ca. says:
where can i get relacements?
Profile picture of Tom

I placed you in an existing discussion regarding the Stanley 00-5024 Door Hardware. You'll notice that we have not been able to accurately identify a replacement, but we have had customers look at our 23-041 and 23-222C Mirror Wardrobe Rollers.

A quick learner from torrance ca says:
I need help finding a part to secure my mirrored door. Could you please contact me via email as soon as possible. The # of the the part is 00-5024. Thank you greatly.
A home owner from Phoenix, az says:
I need replacement part 5024 which is a roller for a Stanley mirrored closet door. Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom

I placed your post in an existing discussion regarding the Stanley 00-5024 Door Hardware. You'll notice that we have not been able to accurately identify a replacement, but we have had customers look at our 23-041 and 23-222C Mirror Wardrobe Rollers.

A home owner from Virginia says:
I just installed the 23-222 Mirror Wardrobe Roller to replace my broken Stanley 00-5024, and it worked like a charm. I've included some photos of the installed part on the top (from the back), and the existing 00-5024 part on the bottom.
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you so much for getting back to us!

We're so glad to see someone report success with replacing the Stanley 00-5024 roller with the Swisco 23-222C Mirror Wardrobe Roller replacement.

We hope this will bring further success to those embarking on the same project.

Again, thanks for reporting back to us with your results.

A handy person from Florida says:
Does part 23-222 replace Stanley part 00-5024.
Profile picture of Tom

I've placed your question in an existing discussion regarding the use of the Swisco 23-222C as a replacement for the Stanley 00-5024.

If you look directly above this post, you'll notice someone reported back with their success of the replacement.

A quick learner from Santa Fe, NM says:
I need the top hardware for a stanly sliding closet door. The ID on the mirror is: 10826022. The ID on the hardware is 005024.
Profile picture of Tom

Please take a look at the Swisco 23-222C Mirror Wardrobe Roller.

A quick learner from Blue Springs says:

Does the 23-222C piece replace the 00-5024 piece for the top door guide?

Thanks

Jeff

Profile picture of Tom

Hi Jeff,I've placed you in an existing discussion regarding the comparison between the Swisco 23-222C Mirror Door Roller and the Stanley 00-5024 Roller. You'll notice we've had other users report success when using the 23-222C as a replacement.

A quick learner from Arizona says:
I need the sliding door replacement part 00-5024;
I have two doors that slide and are mirrored.
How many should I get and WHO CAN I ORDER THEM FROM?
It's been hard to find on line.
A professional from clearwater,fl says:
top roller 00-5024.I have problem lokate the item.need to place order for this replacement part from stanley sliding bypas doors.please let me know how
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for posting!

Take a look at the Swisco 23-222C Sliding Mirror Door Top Guide. You'll see other customers have had success using this roller a replacement. Take a look and see what you think.

A landlord from Miami, Florida says:

Team Swisco,

I came across your site as I was searching for both the top and bottom rollers (closet sliding door/glass)

Part Stanley 00-5024

Part 174264y000

Thanks to your suggestions and pictures provided on your site I was able to compare with what I had.

I purchased both the 23-222C and 23-041.

They were a success.

Thank You!

A home owner from Jacksonville, AR says:

Yes the 23-222C does work to replace a Stanley 00-5024

A home owner from Akron, OH says:
Better than the original Stanley hardware (00-5024) that came with my mirrored closet doors. The metal tabs fit exactly and required no modifications. Best of all the wheels can be adjusted so they ride higher in the upper track, unlike the original as Stanley hardware.
A home owner from Patterson,CA says:
I am in need of the sliding door top roller kit as the pictures show in previous requests.
Is the replacement parts still avalible?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The old 23-222 is actually no longer available, but the manufacturer tells us that the 23-222C is a direct replacement. That said, we have found that you may need to also replace the top track for it to work correctly.

Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
 Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.