Replacement tilt window latches 3"

A friend from Boonton, New Jersey says:
I'm looking to replace these latches. I don't see an exact match on your site and i need help. I think the total length of the hardware is 3".
Melanie
A customer submitted photo of a window latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Melanie. Could you please provide the dimensions of your latches? Please include the width as well as the distance from screw hole-center to screw hole-center. That is the most vital measurement.

In the meantime, please take a look at our 26-195 and 26-196 and see if you think they match your sample. Remember that the distance between screw holes is essential.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Also check the measurement of the installation hole center to the edge of the latch housing where the tongue protrudes. I do not believe you have the 26-195 and 26-196 but if you could reply with the dimensions we can help.
A friend from Boonton, NJ says:
I measured all the widths and lenghts and they match your part no. 26-178 exactly. however, when we last ordered these latches from you about one year ago, they were white. Do you have anything in white with those measurements? Also, im not sure how i ordered one for each side of the window? would it be the same part number for right and left?
Maybe you have our order still in your data base. it would have been from 4x4 Home Improvements in Plainfield, NJ. Thanks!
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
In the past, you have purchased our 26-078 and 26-079 Top Tilt Latches. Would they work for you? Also, please be sure to look at our 26-188W White Metal Neutral Tilt Latch.
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.