track for late 1980's aluminium patio sliding glass door

A home owner from Chico, CA 96926 says:
I purchased new door handle from you for my door this month (Dec.2017) and have it. I see door needs a new track and rollers also. I need part # for track and for rollers. Security is urgent and as for rollers,I can't take the door off and to find the rollers before they are shipped while leaving off. Would a photo of the door help? I have screen door for it with rollers and it's off. Would the mechanism be the same as the door? The door handle was damaged when a person tried to break in that way so I can't have a door off until the rollers come. I really need the rollers first. Also discovered that it was put in backwards and slider will need to be "flipped" so it can't be lifted out from the outside. Son will be able to do this work.
patio sliding door
A home owner from Chico, CA 96926 says:
I had purchased a patio door replacement handle from you previous to this discussion. After putting it in I found that the lock mechanism would not move at all. After taking it off again I discovered that the mechanism still won't move and does not clear the piece it's supposed to go over in moving it. In effect it's frozen in place. Because this door was breached by a burgler and the plate the handle screws into was the only thing really damaged, I was able to reuse the old handle to screw into the new plate and it is working. In addition, the lock part that grabs onto the frame is also about 1/16" shorter than the old one. I don't believe new one would secure the door anyway. Had no opportunity to try it because of the frozen lock mechanism. Not real angry because I fixed it, but disappointed I paid for a product didn't work well since this is a security matter for me.
handle
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I can't identify the roller you need based on these pictures. The only way to identify a replacement patio glass door roller is to remove the old one from the door and compare it to those replacement options available. If we can see a picture of it out of the door, we can find a match. It's possible the 81-139 roller is a match, but this is just an educated guess. There is no way to be sure without seeing it.

As for the handle, I'm not sure why you were running into issues. Based on what you describe, it doesn't sound like the 82-077 is proper replacement for what you have, regardless. You can return the 82-077 you purchased for a refund if you wish. You can see our return policy here.
A quick learner from Chioco CA says:
I was able to use my old handle since the main thing damaged was the back of lock that it screwed into. If this part was not the correct match then I don't know what would be because the difference in the "hump" the lock mechanism is really just a couple of millimeters but still keeps it from moving. I'm not going to return anything....just wanted to alert you about the discrepancy. I get that the rollers would have to be looked at and it is beyond my ability to do so right now because I cannot leave the door off while I look for replacements to arrive.
A professional from CA says:
If you "flipped" your door, water would drain into the house. You can argue that it was designed wrong, but it was installed correctly.
81-139 is highly likely the right roller.
Sometimes that lock will stick in the open position before installing. If you center the latching part and put it in the unlocked position, it usually eliminates the problem.
I have installed many of these handles and the length has never been an issue. 1/16" should make no difference.
Is it possible your outside handle was more like 82-060?
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Track
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Track
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a sliding glass door track cover
How to install a sliding glass door track cover
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.