triple track storm window screen frame parts

A home owner from Pawcatuck, CT says:
Hello,

I have a cape built in 1950, fitted with these storm windows (half screen on a double-hung window). I am missing two wndow screen frames possibly added at the time the house was resided, date unknown. (?) I see no markings from the manufacturer on these storm windows/screens. Perhaps you can help?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9938.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9940.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9941.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9942.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We  have many different parts that resemble your hardware,  but I think the best options in our inventory are the 95-015 tilt corner, 95-016 stamped corner, and 91-160 slide bolt pair. Our 91-130 pair is also worth considering.

I cannot guarantee that these parts will work for you but I think they're definitely worth looking at.

A quick learner from CT says:
Need to construct or obtain a replacement glass frame for a triple track storm. Do you have channel material or just hardware?
Profile picture of Tom

We unfortunately don't sell replacement frames of any type. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

A home owner from New Jersey says:

Looks like the slide bolt I have is not exactly like the one you show.

Is that available anywhere?

I didn't want to take apart the screen just yet to show more of the slide bolt.

Kip

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-2718.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-2719.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Kip. I'm not sure as to which bolt you're referring to, the thread above makes several recommendations. I'm also not sure I would use any of those recommendations to replace your latch. Yours looks closer to our 91-008L and 91-008R, or maybe even our 91-009

Look these parts over and see what you think.

A home owner from New Jersey says:
Thank you!
They look very similar to the one I have.
Regards,
Kip R.
Profile picture of Tom

You're welcome! Best of luck on your project, and please let me know if you needed anything else.

A home owner from Chicago, IL says:
Hi-
Looking to replace about 46 triple track storm window latches (basically a pin with a tab and spring) in a "vintage" building. Would any of the parts you have work?
Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named StormWindowLatch1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named StormWindowLatch4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named StormWindowLatch3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named StormWindowLatch2.jpeg
Profile picture of Steve
Steve from SWISCO responded:

We unfortunately don't sell a latch like what you show here. Storm windows in general have been dying off for decades and replacement parts are getting harder and harder to get a hold of. That's just the reality of the industry right now, unfortunately. Just something to keep in mind as you move forward on this project.

How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace stamped window corner keys.
How to replace stamped window corner keys.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.