triple track storm window screen frame parts

Home Owner from Pawcatuck, CT
May 6, 2020 10:15 am
Hello,

I have a cape built in 1950, fitted with these storm windows (half screen on a double-hung window). I am missing two wndow screen frames possibly added at the time the house was resided, date unknown. (?) I see no markings from the manufacturer on these storm windows/screens. Perhaps you can help?
IMG_9938 IMG_9940 IMG_9941 IMG_9942
4 user uploaded images
9 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 11, 2020 8:24 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

We  have many different parts that resemble your hardware,  but I think the best options in our inventory are the 95-015 tilt corner, 95-016 stamped corner, and 91-160 slide bolt pair. Our 91-130 pair is also worth considering.

I cannot guarantee that these parts will work for you but I think they're definitely worth looking at.

Quick Learner from CT
Jan 19, 2023 3:02 pm
Need to construct or obtain a replacement glass frame for a triple track storm. Do you have channel material or just hardware?
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jan 20, 2023 1:21 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

We unfortunately don't sell replacement frames of any type. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Home Owner from New Jersey
Mar 9, 2023 4:13 pm

Looks like the slide bolt I have is not exactly like the one you show.

Is that available anywhere?

I didn't want to take apart the screen just yet to show more of the slide bolt.

Kip

IMG-2718 IMG-2719
2 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Mar 10, 2023 8:41 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey, Kip. I'm not sure as to which bolt you're referring to, the thread above makes several recommendations. I'm also not sure I would use any of those recommendations to replace your latch. Yours looks closer to our 91-008L and 91-008R, or maybe even our 91-009

Look these parts over and see what you think.

Home Owner from New Jersey
Mar 10, 2023 10:05 am
Thank you!
They look very similar to the one I have.
Regards,
Kip R.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Mar 10, 2023 10:53 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

You're welcome! Best of luck on your project, and please let me know if you needed anything else.

Home Owner from Chicago, IL
Nov 17, 2023 5:22 pm
Hi-
Looking to replace about 46 triple track storm window latches (basically a pin with a tab and spring) in a "vintage" building. Would any of the parts you have work?
Thanks!
StormWindowLatch1 StormWindowLatch4 StormWindowLatch3 StormWindowLatch2
4 user uploaded images
Steve
Steve from SWISCO
Nov 21, 2023 3:36 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

We unfortunately don't sell a latch like what you show here. Storm windows in general have been dying off for decades and replacement parts are getting harder and harder to get a hold of. That's just the reality of the industry right now, unfortunately. Just something to keep in mind as you move forward on this project.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts