two different sets of Balances and pivot shoes

A quick learner from 32137 says:
I have two sets of balances I am trying to repair. Both are 28 inches in length. One is stamped Unique27-D-40, the other white one is 28F and some symbols. My belief is both can be replaced with your series 770, one in a 28d and the other in 28f as the channel is 9/16"on both. My questions are 1, what is the matching pivot shoe you have. The one currently installed is 2" high, 1" wide and 1/2" deep. I don't see one from you with that dimension. 2) one pivot shoe hook is slightly different than yours as it is a more wedge shaped plastic. I doubt that makes a different with the right shoe but? 3) do they come in white? 4) The F weight has a longer spring but I assume that is for weight. Is yours the same?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0175.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0178.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2983.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2985.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2986.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately, the company that made your balance system, Unique Company, went out of business. We can offer a substitute to replace the balance and pivot shoe with our S795-29 tilt balance with a 15-194 T-lock shoe that is 1" wide by 1/2" thick. Keep in mind, you will have to purchase the 15-194 separately and swap it out with the shoe that comes attached to this balance by default, our 15-195

The balance is one inch longer than your original balance to make up not using your pivot shoe. The spring weight will be 29D for a sash weighing between 23-28 pounds. 29E will be for a sash weighing between 28-32 lbs and 29F will be for a sash weighing 32-36 lbs. 

A quick learner from 32137 says:
Are you sure I can use this inverted balance given the existing on is a spring on top model?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2978.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Yes, I am confident you can use this inverted balance system.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.