unique Tie bar size

A quick learner from Pennsylvania says:
I am looking for a 15 inch tie bar with cone rollers (2) for a casement window lock. It's 10.25 between cones, and ;first cone is .847 from end of tie bar. I have had no luck finding this tie bar. I was wondering if a longer tie bar could be cut down to 15 inches, if the cones would be the proper spacing. Or do you know where I could find this item. Thanks.
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

We do not currently have this length in stock, but we can supply a 14.9" tie bar that has two cone rollers and one lock drive point.  If this style sounds like what you need, let us know and we can supply it. The lead time would be 5-6 weeks. Please let me know if you would like to move forward. 

A 14.9 tie bar would probably work
If the cones are in the right place
Sending a drawing I made,plusa couple of pictures
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220615_125819.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220615_125825.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220623_202423.jpg
Do you have a drawing of the14.9 tie bar.
If so send it to me.
Thanks

We have reached out to our vendor for more information and will be in contact as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience! 

We reached out to the manufacturer and unfortunately they are not able to provide a diagram to us, so we cannot confirm the distance between the rollers. We can only confirm that the tie bar has two cone rollers and one drive point. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

The lead time for this product would be 5-6 weeks. Please let me know if you would like to move forward. 

Ok I'll take a chance on it.
If the pricing is good.
Let's move forward on it

Great! Our inventory department will be ordering this tie bar in. We expect to have it in about 5-6 weeks. I will be in contact when the part is available and ready to review. Thank you for your patience! 

What is the status of the14.9 tie bar it's been awhile since we decided to order it.

Hello,

We apologize for the wait. We have received notification that the part is on its way to us and we will let you know once it has been processed and displayed on the website for purchase. Thank you for your continued patience! 

Thank you for your patience, 

The 38-901 14.9" tie bar is now online and ready for your review. Please let us know if you have any future hardware questions. 

Dimensions for 38-901
Dimensions for 38-901

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.