20240428_221436 20240428_221500 20240428_221535 20240428_221538 20240428_221546
5 user uploaded images
7 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Apr 30, 2024 10:20 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for posting! Your balance appears to be the Series 350 Channel Balance. Although, based on the photo of the measuring tape, it appears that this may need to be a custom made assembly. Can you confirm that the length of your balance is 22-1/2"?

I'll also need to know the stamp from the metal channel of your balance. If there is no stamp, I'll need to know the exact weight of the sash to determine the stamp the replacement balances will need.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Quick Learner from Maryland
May 1, 2024 12:59 pm
Hi Jasmine
measuring from one metal end to the other is 22 inches, from the plastic ends 23 inches

are u saying Jasmine there should be a stamp on the balance, the part I took pictures of ? or the channel the balance goes in.

i looked in the channel its difficult b/c the 2 sash locks on top of the bottom sash when undone the top sash of glass comes ripping down at a high rate, so probably have to do the removal of the sash and weighing it......is there a video on how to do this, remove the sash?
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 1, 2024 4:16 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Yes, that I what I described. There should be a stamp on the metal channel of the balance. Are you able to see any markings on the back of the metal channel?

Take a look at the video tutorial below for an idea on how to remove the balances and the sash.

May 1, 2024 10:15 pm
hi Jasmine thanks for the info. so there should be something stamped on the actual balance that I removed? i see nothing, so i will take the window sash out tomorrow and weigh it. how many balances are there per window?

Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 2, 2024 9:04 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Depending on the type of window you have, there may be just two balances; however, if there is an upper and lower sash, they may both have balances in them. Unfortunately, I cannot confirm this. You'll need to examine the window to determine how many balances are installed.

Yes, since the balance does not have any stamps/markings, you will need to the weigh the sash.

May 3, 2024 11:00 am
Hi Jasmine. yeah it has an upper and lower moving sash so i suppose i will need 4 balances?, probably will need new weather seals too. I removed and weighed the sash. It weights 15.6 lbs, and measuring from just the metal end of the balance to the other metal end is 22in.
so would i need a 22 inch series 350 with option 2130 or 2140?
have a great weekend
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 3, 2024 12:37 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

To recommend a replacement for the seals, I'll need to see the end profile of an undamaged piece removed from the window. I need to be able to see the shape of it, to see exactly how it installs.

You'll need to check the balances do discern whether all of them need to be replaced or not. Unfortunately, I cannot determine that. You will also need to make sure the balances aren't different from the lower sash.

Since the window weighs over 15lbs, I would suggest using the 2140 stamp option.

Have a great weekend!

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts