window balance id

Home Owner from Minnesota
May 1, 2024 7:39 pm
Hi there

We just pulled these out of our window as we couldn't close it anymore. I, unfortunately, didn't take any photos of them IN the window.

The metal frame is almost exactly 28" long and the only markings I can find are "2740 BSI OF"

If you need any more info please let me know.

Thank you!

Richard
window balance 1 window balance 2 window balance 4
3 user uploaded images
4 Replies
May 1, 2024 7:45 pm
added additional photos
IMG_1173 IMG_1172 IMG_1171 IMG_1169 IMG_1170
5 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 2, 2024 2:02 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for your photos. Based on what I see here, you have either our S380-28 or S385-28, depending on the depth of the bottom shoe. That's the only difference between them. I recommend measuring your shoe and referring to our dimensions to confirm the best match.

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

May 2, 2024 3:00 pm
Hi

Thank you for the information!

Using my cheap digital caliper that measurement of the shoe is roughly 1.05" so I am assuming this is the 1" (however the shoe on my old balance is somewhat worn down or mangled - kind of hard to measure with only 1/8" being the difference between the two)

Also, the photos you posted show S351 and S390 but you reference S380-28 or S385-28.

2 new photos attached showing the caliper measurement and the "worn down" areas of the shoe - not sure if these were originally 1-1/8" and have worn down over their roughly 20 years of age or were originally 1" and got mangled making it measure ~1.05"

Can you please verify which ones I should order?

Thank you!
IMG_1180 IMG_1179
2 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 3, 2024 10:45 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Yes, that is correct; you have either the S351-28 or the S390-28. My apologies for the typo!

In regard to the depth of the shoe, you may be better off measuring with an actual measuring tape. It looks like it may be the 1" shoe, but given the damage to the shoe, your guess would be just as good as mine.

I'm sorry that I could not give you a more concrete recommendation.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts