Counter balance for window replacement

A home owner from Kentucky says:
I need to replace the counter balances in my windows that are 26 years old. I just bought a townhome, and have to keep the same windows or replace them with specific specifications. Therefore, I thought if I could find the counter balance that would work with the certain window that that would be easier.

Here is the information I found for the window:

Mfg stipulates conformity to: ansi/aama 101-85
Mfgr code: NOR-1
Series: 2000DH-R30/DH-C30
Mst: 4776

Thank you for any information you can give me.
Melanie
A customer submitted photo of a spiral balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Melanie. You have what is known as a Spiral Balance. I would be more than happy to help you identify the correct replacement, I just need a bit more information about the balance itself.

First, is your window tilt, or non-tilt? Also, what is the length and diameter of the metal tube?
A quick learner from kentucky says:
Length of silver tube is 24 in for most and 16 in for kitchen dia appears to be 9 16ths inch
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. I just need to know if these windows are tilt or non-tilt, and I can work from there!
A quick learner from Kentucky says:
I am so sorry! It is tilt. I completely forgot to add that to the previous reply.
Thank you,
Melanie
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! That should be all the information I need. It sounds like you may have a Series 600 spiral balance. Please take a look at our S600-24 with a red tip. Does that look like it will work for you?

Remember that the red tip for this balance can carry a sash weight range of 7 through, and including, 29 pounds. You may want to double check that just in case.

Please keep in mind that the weight range information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
A quick learner from Kentucky says:
What do I need to do to order the replacements? Also, is there a different counter balance I need for the 16 inch one with the 9/16th diameter?

Thank you,
Melanie
Profile picture of Tom
All of our parts can be found on our main site. You can click on the links provided for the S600-24, add the quantity you desire to your cart, and then check out!

As for the 16" balance, please see our S600-16. Now, the red tip option for this shorter balance can support a window sash weight range of 6 through, and including, 18 pounds. Does that match the smaller sash weight? If not, let me know what it is, and I can recommend an appropriate tip color!
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.