Expired parts

A quick learner from Missouri says:
I'm working with a college housing maintenance department. They need the bottom pivot bars. They refer to them as the gold bar. I find a picture representation of it in the photo that I found that we looked at in a different topic.

Please let us know if you can help with that and what kind of costs may be involved.

They are talking to me about 100 pieces.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Left latch 2 side view (3).jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

The internal latch in your pictures is discontinued and no longer available, unfortunately. If you have the room, you might be better off substituting with a surface mount tilt latch, like our 26-228 and 26-229, or any of the others you think may work from our section here. These are different than the others in that they just screw on. We have a video tutorial that shows how we do this. Look it over and see what you think.

I'm sorry but that part of the discussion is past and we are in possession of the surface mount latches. the current concern is the pivot bar. You may notice the comment stated "They need the bottom pivot bars" Do you have anything on the pivot bars in that picture?
thanks,
Jim L
Profile picture of Emily

My apologies! The first parts to come to mind for the pivot bar would be the 26-226 and 26-030. Review the specifications for each and see if one matches what you need for this repair. 

Product Code: 26-226 is a pivot bar that is 3-1/16". The 26-030 is 2-1/2". This pivot bar is 2-3/4". The hole lies between 1-5/16" and 1-1/2".
As I peruse the parts list, I find a pivot bar 26-352. That bar is said to be 2-7/16" with one of the holes centered at 1-5/16". I'll run this past the carpenter, but in the meantime; do you see anything closer?
Jim L
My carpenter thinks we would be good with pivot bar 26-352. If you can concur, I will go to the catalog and order those.
I appreciate your help.
Jim L
Profile picture of Emily

I think the 26-352 would be a good place to start as long as the hole placement matches up! Our return policy can be found here just in case. 

Thanks Emily. I placed the order.
Jim L
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you kindly for your order! It means a lot to us. Let us know if you need anything else and best of luck with the repair! 

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.