Sliding glass door roller assembly

A quick learner from NC says:
Good morning - a contractor told me I was going to need your part numbered 81-156SS to replace on my sliding glass door, as they could not get the door adjusting mechanism to work. Of course I did not take the door out to double check - but when I went to replace it... pictured you can see the part does not fit the door properly. I did not take the current part out to be able to give any info as to what's etched on it, but I hope you can figure out what part is needed by the pictures. The hope is I can return my parts for what I actually need.

If it's helpful (perhaps not), this is what was on the window of the door.
AFG Temp 2776
16 CFR 1201-C11
ANSI Z9Z1-1984 (or maybe Z97.1)
1/8U BGCC-1664 (or maybe BGCC-596)

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230221_230546445.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230221_230551161.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230221_225517087.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm afraid the etching on the glass has nothing to do with the roller as it is only relevant to the glass itself. We'd be happy to help but the only way we can is if we see the complete roller assembly removed from the door, along with dimensions. 

Our return policy can be found here in the meantime. 

So I was able to get back, and took the mechanism off. No noticable engravings except there is a V on one of the sides.

The wheels look to be 1 1/8" in diameter, 5/16" thick. It's about 2 3/4 from edge to edge of the wheels. The 'box' thing that holds the wheels is 3 1/8 x 1 1/8 x 3/4" thick.

I will be mailing the incorrect wheels back (hopefully) today and exchanging with the correct ones next week. This is at the beach so we want everything to be stainless, please.

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230317_165127318.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230317_165104592.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230317_165056546.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for getting back to us! Our 81-030 roller assembly looks very similar to what you show here. This part has a 1-1/4" wheel but it may still work for you since the roller housing can be adjusted to make up for the difference. Otherwise, you could consider swapping the wheels with our 81-223 1-1/8" wheel and 81-310 axle repair kit. Look these parts over and see what you think. 

Sorry for delay in response! This actually looks perfect. The sliding glass door is actually almost beach front, so we were thinking stainless steel would be the best option. I couldn't find a SS version. Do you have one, or is the housing 'protected' enough from elements where it should not really be a big deal?

Thanks!
Profile picture of Emily

We don't sell the 81-030 in a stainless steel version, unfortunately. If you live near the coast, the metal wheels and housing may corrode and rust more easily due to the salty air. However, we do sell the 81-241 1-1/4" stainless steel wheel and 81-310 axle kit that may be worth considering if you wanted to swap the wheels on the new 81-030. I know that's not ideal though. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. 

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.