Upper Sash Weather Stripping

Home Owner from North Carolina
Apr 15, 2021 3:44 pm
Hi! Can someone help identify the type of weather stripping we have on the upper sash (between the double hung wood windows)?

I'm aware that the photo isn't great, but I'm unable to remove the weather stripping without it falling completely apart. In fact, in many windows, it's starting to fall apart and hang down in the windows. It has a look and feel to it of sticky caulking even though it's the old weather stripping. A lot of it is stuck to the lower sash.

I'm assuming the heat of NC has not done it any favors.
IMG_1885 IMG_1887
2 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Apr 20, 2021 1:52 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi there! I'm afraid we won't be able to identify your weatherstripping while it's still installed. We'd need to see the end profile specifically to compare to our inventory. I know you said it can't be removed without it falling apart, but unfortunately, there is no other way for us to identify a match. 

You can view our entire section of weatherstripping here in the meantime. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts