channel replacement

Home Owner from Robesonia, Pa
Apr 28, 2024 7:33 pm
img_8122 is the markings on the part

Img4.jpg Is the shoe assembly that the unit attaches to (I don't have the upper parts in the green circle. They are broken.

image2.jpg inside of the unit with the cord assembly

image 1.jpg is the broken terminal clip that through which the cord leads to the shoe assembly

Image 8123.jpg is the screw head top

These are 28 inch channels for tilt block and tackle with a screw head top.

They are approximately a half inch wide.

How do I know whether my pin will fit the cam?
image1 image2 image4 IMG_8122 IMG_8123
5 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Apr 29, 2024 12:52 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Your channel balance appears to be the S770-28 with a 28D stamp. This balance is compatible with the 9/16" thick 15-129 Pivot Shoe but to confirm that this is the correct replacement, you'll need to carefully review and compare the dimensions below.

Detail of 15-129
Detail of 15-129

In regard to the pin, it sounds like you are referring to the pivot bar. It is very likely your pivot bar will be compatible with this shoe but I'll need to see it to be able to confirm that with certainty. If the pivot bar is not the hardware in question, can you please give a little more detail about exactly with part you are referring to?

May 4, 2024 3:10 pm

Hi Jasmine,

Below are photos of the measurements of the window shoe. It looks close but not exact. I also included a picture of the pivot bar (what I meant by pin).

We're getting closer! Standing by for your counsel.

Thanks,

NanĀ 

pivotbar shoe 2 shoe1 shoe3
4 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 6, 2024 9:20 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello! Jasmine isn't here today, but I'll do my best to advise you.

It's tough to make out precise dimensions from just a photo of a tape measure. Looking at your pictures, it does look like your shoe is smaller than the 15-129 pivot shoe that Jasmine recommended, but the trouble is that they don't make a whole lot of these.

Our 15-135 may be closer; this is 1/2" thick instead of 9/16", but it's still the same width at 1-1/4". That's a fairly standard size for this kind of window, and the next size down is a flat 1". There's nothing that falls in between. I would triple check your dimensions just to be 100% safe. I also want to stress that we can't accurately pinpoint your size from just a photo. That's an unfortunate limitation of this service. Ultimately, the size of the part is something you will need to garner.

As for pivot pin compatibility, I am fully confident that your old pivot bar will fit with either the 15-129 or 15-135. They both have the same style cam as your original.

May 6, 2024 4:12 pm
Regarding the shoe size, I used my digital calipers to measure thickness. It's so close to either one, depending on where you place the caliper. If it's flat across the plastic, it's .5230. If it's across the metal piece that seats the caliper pin, it's.5625 (exactly 9/16ths).

Are both shoe sizes compatible with the 770 balance? If so, why don't I just buy both shoes? they are inexpensive enough that if one doesn't work, I can just pop the other one in. Is that how it works?

If so, to fix my bottom sash, I need 2 series 770 balances, and will get both size pivot shoes if that works (2 15-129 and 2 15-135). Does that sound right? Do I need anything else?
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 7, 2024 7:58 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

When measuring shoe thickness, you only want to measure the plastic. They both are compatible with the Series 770, so if you wanted to try them both then that's totally okay. You can see our return policy here if you wanted peace of mind.

As long as nothing else is damaged then that should be all you need.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts