screen door handle and keeper inquiry

A quick learner says:
I'm seeking a screen handle and a keeper.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image5 (2).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image4 (1).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1 (2).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image3 (3).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2 (3).jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but we'll need you to write out the exact distance between the installation hole centers of your handle since it's tough to make out accurate dimensions from photos. Also, could you show us the original keeper that you latch engages with? Thank you. 

A home owner from Delran nj townhome says:
Thank you for getting back. I am sending better photos of measurements. Both photos are the same one is turned to the side so you can see the measurements easier. Secondly, the latch portion has always been missing. We never had one, so I can't send a photo. So I am assuming that if we can figure out what handle I need, then the latch portion would go with that. I'm supposing there is a photo of the area in which it belongs. I believe it's the first photo in this message.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A3E3FBFE-7CC4-470F-AD73-08AAA7F0E1FB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4BA549A8-585E-43C3-9C92-401708FB457F.png
Profile picture of Casey

It's tough to make out accurate dimensions from photos but I believe our closest match would be the 82-003 with 3-1/4" installation holes. Unfortunately, there is not one particular keeper that is used with this handle but past customers have purchased the 85-011, 85-014, and 85-001 keepers with it to name a few. Take a look and see if you might be able to use one of these parts for your repair. 

If I buy more than one striker or if I buy a striker and they don't work on my door or don't fit are they returnable?
Profile picture of Casey

Absolutely, you can review our full return policy here

Hi there I just received my handle and the screw holes are 3 inches apart but the entire handle itself is the correct measurement so unfortunately the holes don't match up is there a compatible one with 3 inch screw holes 3 inches apart that I could use and return the one that I received?
Profile picture of Casey

I'm sorry to hear that the handle that you purchased didn't work for your repair. Unfortunately, we do not carry another option with the same style of latch and 3" hole spacing. With that being said, we've related all of our options with 3" hole spacing on this page for you to review. Take a look and see if you might be able to adapt one of them to work for your repair. 

A home owner from Delran nj says:
Good morning Casey,
I unfortunately had to return all of the hardware and handles due to the fact that the handles, although the screw holes lined up at 3 inch the actual handle itself has an extra spacer or peg like area where the screws fit together on the screen. The problem being is my old handle, which I'm sending photos of both front and back are flat flush because the screen itself is wide. The new ones like I said, and I illustrated in the photo (bottom photo )that I sent you circling the areas that are in question as opposed to the one that is flat but the screw holes did not lineup at three-quarter inch (top photo).
I am still in search of a handle that fits. I've resigned to the fact that I may not be able to get one with a locking mechanism but just basic handle for opening and closing. If that's a possibility through your company I would appreciate help on that I hope I've been clear and you can understand where I'm coming from and what I'm trying to express her show in the photos. Please get back to me. I appreciate all your help. Thank you so much in advance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us with an update. The good news is that we believe that we've found a better match for your handle with the flush installation holes that you need. We will work on adding them to our catalog and will let you know as soon as they're available. Please note that we suspect that it will take at least four weeks. 

A home owner from Delran nj says:
Good morning Casey, thank you for getting back to me on this matter. I have two brand new cats and I am in desperate need of a handle. I would prefer one with a lock, but since it doesn't seem possible, I need to find one as soon as possible, is there a handle other than the one that you said might be out in four weeks that would work for my door?
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, the options that we carry with 3" hole spacing are not designed to sit flush with the door in the way that you need them to. The part that we are working on adding to our inventory for you would be the best replacement option that we can supply at this time. 

Profile picture of Casey

Hello again. We wanted to update you and let you know that the 83-129 screen door latch shown below is now available for purchase. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. Thank you for your patience. 

Dimensions for 83-129
Dimensions for 83-129

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.