How do you remove the sash from a tilt window?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at this guide on how remove a window sash from a tilt window.

A home owner from Morgantown, W Virginia says:
I want to pull the window sash out of the window frame of my tilt window but I do not how. Are there simple instructions on how to do this?
A quick learner says:
the windows I have are betterbilt with those tilt larches on the top corners of the window,not on the inside.26-295 tilt latch is snapped in place on top each corner if I'm not mistaken,right?

thank you for your reply
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You may have a top tilt latch similar to the 26-243 Tilt Window Latch. If you look at the 26-243 and other similar latches we have listed online, you will notice they slide into the corners on the top of the sash and clip in.
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove a window sash from a tilt window
How to remove a window sash from a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.