9" casement operator

A quick learner from Pacific Palisades, CA says:
Hi- I have a house full of metal casement windows which require new operators. The ones I find locally are typical inexpensive Home Depot operators that often don't work at all or have protruding fasteners on the tips that prohibit operation of the window since they protrusion blocks the window from closing. I enclose photos showing the windows and cranks and close-ups of the fasteners that are a problem. I would like to find operators that last and will be easier to use. Will any of your products fit that description? Do any of the dual arm operators work with these windows? Thanks. Pamela
User submitted photos of door opeator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It looks like you have the Swisco 39-001 and 39-002 Window Crank Operators.

I see what you mean about the bottom of the bearing protruding through the bottom of the arm. That could get in the way of the operation of the window.

I just looked at one of mine here in the shop and the bottom bearing is even with the arm.

Before you install the new operators, try the swing of the window. Make sure it's not binding anywhere. Also, be sure to lubricate the hinges, tracks and operators.
A quick learner from Pacific Palisades says:
Hi Mike-

Okay, thanks. But I would like to know if there are any alternative operators for my type of casement window (e.g. dual arm or ones that last longer than the ones at Home Depot). Thanks.

Pamela
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Pamela, we recommend you replace your existing operators with an exact replacement of your originals.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.