Amerimax window no longer stays open

A home owner from Fort Collins, Co. says:

Is this something you might be able to help with? This part (I call it a "tensioner") cracked and needs replacement. The windows are 15 years old and were installed when our house was built. I have four of these double hung windows, and each has two of these parts (one in each side channel of the window). I would like to purchase eight of these in the event that others fail as well. Please let me know if I can provide additional information. Thanks very much, Tom 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window repair.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but we would like to see the pivot shoe that your coils anchor to in the window, which will help us confirm which cover you need. Thank you!

I certainly will try to do that. What is a pivot shoe? I'll take a picture of it and send it. Thanks very much. Tom 

Profile picture of Casey

Take a look at the video below to see how a pivot shoe engages with the support coils. Thank you. 

Casey---Thanks again! I have uploaded five photos; hopefully they'll provide you with the information you need. The ones which appear in the corner of the window are located in the bottom corner below the damaged plastic piece (the photo which I had sent you initially. Let me know what you think when you have a moment, Tom 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0166.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0173.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0169.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0168.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0167.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for providing the additional information. Your pivot shoe resembles the 15-175, which uses the S152 coil springs. These springs are compatible with the 15-143 bushing. 15-144 cap and 15-145 support barrel. Take a look and let us know if you have any other questions. 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.